By Sherry Woodard
If you’re thinking about getting a dog and you’ve never had one, please do some research first. Learn about what’s involved in having a dog – basic dog care, medical needs, training and behavior. In particular, ask yourself the following:
• Do I have the time to give a dog the love and attention she deserves?
• Can I offer her daily exercise and interaction with people and other dog friends?
• Can I afford the costs of having a dog (food, routine vet care, and possible additional medical costs, such as medication)?
• Are my emotional expectations realistic? (A dog is not a furry little person.)
• Will she be living in the house as a valued family member? (Dogs are pack Read »