How to Adopt
All applicants must:
- Be 23 years of age
- Bring all household members, including current dog(s), to an in-person adoption interview
- Provide a copy of the most current veterinary records with proof of vaccinations, heartworm prevention (for dogs) and proof of spay/neuter if there are pets currently in the household
- Complete an adoption application at home and bring it to the shelter or fill it out in person at the shelter – these appear at the bottom of the page
- Cat applicants should click the “Submit Form” button at the bottom of the application so it can be routed directly to our cat adoption counselors. Please note that young kittens require another cat at home or you can adopt kittens in pairs.
- Please note: Sign-In does not begin until the shelter opens. In the event that multiple applicants are interested in the same animal, each eligible party that signs in within 15 minutes of opening shall be considered.
- Arrive Early. Please arrive at our adoption center early, allowing at least an hour for the interview process and meeting pets. This is an important decision so it takes a while. You must come in person and be interviewed in person in order to adopt. Applications will be taken and reviewed until 30 minutes prior to closing.
- Have Patience. Remember that our goal is for your new pet to enhance the life of you and everyone in your home and for you to enhance the life of your new pet. We take great care in matching our pets to their potential new owners. Together, we can make sure the adoption of your new companion is a success.
- Check Availability. Dogs and cats in foster homes usually are not available for adoption Tuesday through Friday. Some pets are available by appointment only. Please check the website regularly for the availability of the pet that interests you.
- Make a Promise. As part of the adoption process, you will be required to sign a contract promising to take care of your new pet, keep its vaccinations and heart worm prevention current, and return the pet to us if you choose not to keep it.
- Bring a cat carrier if you plan to adopt a cat or kitten for the trip home.
We do have a Waiting List for pets that are currently unavailable. You can learn more by reviewing FAQ about our Waiting List.
Our adoption fee varies depending on the breed and age of the pet.
- Most dogs = $300*
- Most cats = $125*
*Unless otherwise noted on their bio.
Adoption fees help us cover our rescue expenses and provide veterinary care for the animals. All of the dogs available for adoption on our website are spayed or neutered, heartworm tested (in cases of dogs older than six months), de-wormed, micro-chipped and current on all vaccinations. All cats are spayed or neutered, tested for feline leukemia and feline AIDS, de-wormed, current on all vaccinations, and micro-chipped.
Adoption fees may be paid with cash, Visa, MasterCard or Discover. We do not accept checks.
Complete an Application:
Click for the Dog Adoption Application
Click for the Cat Adoption Application
Questions about adopting a pet? Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org