18,227
PETS SAVED SINCE 2000
Ways to Follow Us:
APRA is a 501(c)(3), non-profit organization.
Please Donate Now through Paypal!
Donate Now through Paypal

Kiki

KikiLast weekend, we adopted Kiki. What a sweet little girl and so well behaved. She has taken to us and we have taken to her in a major way. We love her and are very happy we brought her home, and she seems happy we brought her home as well. She has lots of toys to play with and plenty of rawhide chews. Fetch, then keep away then tug of war seems to be her favorite game.

On Sunday, I fell asleep on my recliner, and when I woke up, Kiki was sleeping in my lap (attached photo). Coming home from work is another point of joy when Kiki and Zoie (our other “child”) line up to greet me with lots of enthusiasm and kisses. It’s usually the high point of my day.

We want to thank all of the volunteers, especially Kiki’s foster parents, who helped us find the perfect companion. You guys are the best. ~ Fred & Kathy S.

This entry was posted in Happy Tales. Bookmark the permalink. Post a comment or leave a trackback: Trackback URL.

7 Comments

1. Barbara Brown
    Posted 3/8/13 at 2:07 pm | Permalink

Yay!!!! I can’t tell you how happy I am to hear that Kiki is doing well in her new home. She’s a great dog and deserves to be happy, as well as to make her forever family happy. Thanks so much for posting. I’ve been thinking about her all week! (From her foster mom, Barbara)

2. Melissa O.
    Posted 3/8/13 at 5:31 pm | Permalink

We have been watching Kiki’s photo for months since we adopted our little one. We have thought many times about having two dogs, but want to make sure it is the right thing for our family! We are so happy that you have adopted Kiki. She looked like a special dog and seems to have found her special owner. You are wonderful people making a home for two pets!

3. Nancy
    Posted 3/10/13 at 9:35 am | Permalink

i fell in love with little Kiki the first day I volunteered at APRA! She is a sweet little girl, and I’m SOOOO glad she has a home. Thanks for the update!

4. Pam Moore
    Posted 3/10/13 at 12:50 pm | Permalink

As a volunteer, I love to hear about how “our” dogs are doing in their new forever homes. After all, it’s what it’s all about. Thank you so much for sharing the update and photo of Kiki, and I am so happy for all of you!

5. Kathy Sayeg
    Posted 3/17/13 at 4:13 pm | Permalink

Kiki has been with us for two weeks but she seems to think this has always been her home. We both adore our new fur child and she has a special fondness for Fred. She and her “sister” Zoie have made a lot of progress. There is a bit of jealousy over who gets the most lap time, but Zoie is getting a lot more exercise now that she has Kiki to compete with. Kiki is the most energetic, enthusiastic little dog I’ve ever seen. Thankfully, she settles down when it’s time to snuggle with the rest of us at bedtime.

6. Sandy Seward
    Posted 3/17/13 at 11:34 pm | Permalink

Kiki you lucky girl you! It’s so nice to see you all loved up with your new family. Naps are best in a nice warm lap! Glad you’ve got one to nap in now!

7. Barbara Brown
    Posted 4/10/13 at 6:25 pm | Permalink

Just saw this. Delighted to hear that Kiki continues to do well. Sounds like she has found the perfect forever home. Lucky lucky dog! Thanks for updating.

Barbara Brown